Oklahoma ETV Program
You may be eligible for funding of up to $5000 per year while you are in college or a vocational or technical training program!
You may qualify if:
- You are 18, 19 or 20 years old.
- You are in foster care or you were in foster care as a teenager and you are a US citizen or qualified non-citizen
- You aged out of the foster care system at age 18 or were adopted from foster care with adoption finalization after your 16th birthday.
- You have been accepted into or are enrolled in a degree, certificate or other program at a college, university, technical or vocational school and you show progress towards that degree or certificate.
To find out more about the specific eligibility requirements for your state, contact your caseworker or:
Oklahoma Department of Human Services
Fax: PO Box 25352
Oklahoma City, OK 73125
Independent Living Act (Foster Care Tuition Waiver)
The Independent Living Act was established by the 2000 Oklahoma Legislature to ensure that eligible individuals who have been or are in the foster care program of the Department of Human Services receive services that include housing, medical coverage and education. The first recipients of the tuition waivers were 1999-2000 high school graduates.
- Student must be a resident of Oklahoma.
- Student must have graduated within the previous three years from a State Board of Education-accredited high school, the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics or a high school bordering Oklahoma as approved by the State Board of Education OR the student must have completed the General Educational Development (GED) requirements.
- Tuition waivers are available to students up to 21 years of age who have been in DHS custody for at least nine months between the ages of 16 and 18.
- Student must be enrolled in a public college or university or certain programs at technology centers.
- Tuition waivers will be made available to eligible students up to 26 years of age or upon completion of a baccalaureate degree or program certificate, whichever comes first.
Amount of Award
A resident tuition waiver covers the cost of resident tuition for all courses for which resident tuition is charged. The student is responsible for all other fees: special course fees, student activity and facility fees, assessment fees and others.
For Further Information
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
800.858.1840 (225.9239 in Oklahoma City area)
βIn order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.β Michael Korda